It is very rare for me to have a spark of inspiration to write a blog post that actually leads me to this site and to click on “add post”. But, my some miracle of God, here I am. Maybe it’s the Strongbow Honey Apple Cider talking or maybe it’s the constant nagging in the back of my head that I need a change in my lifestyle. For some time now I have been waiting for some great change in my life to happen but have not put in any effort to make this dream a reality. From an outside perspective, my life looks pretty good. I’m going on a study abroad trip to London AND Paris this summer, moving into my first real apartment, and graduating a semester early this fall. But, I feel like my life is just one big void at the moment and things are happening but I’m not really excited for it. The grass seems to be greener on the other side as I compare my life to those of my friends. This is one of the things I need to stop now so I’ve decided to use this blog as a way to motivate and keep track of my goals by writing a post and filing it under a personal page. Feel free to follow me on this journey! I hope to get back into my fashion blogs as well seeing as how it’s something that I’ve really been thinking about lately.
Talk to you soon,
Every six months I like to stop and reassess my life and things I need to work on. My first semester, although not perfect, was decent. However, I know there is a lot I can improve on. About a month ago I came up with some new goals and thought I would share not only to let you know what I’m working on but as motivation for myself as well.
- Stop apologizing so much!– I always apologize for things that are not my fault and it has been going on for too long!
- Sign up for a barre class.– I want to get into shape and the barre class is only $30 for 6 classes. How cool is that?!?
- Study for at least 3 hours a day on weekdays and a total of 3 hours on the weekend.- I didn’t have a definite study plan my first semester of college and it showed come exam time.
- Get more sleep.- Last semester I would get about six hours or less of sleep a week and would feel like a zombie which would cause me to take 3 hour long naps everyday. Now I have a bed time routine and aim to get 7-8 hours of sleep a night.
- Drink more tea.– There are so many health benefits from drinking tea. I’ve been pretty good at drinking green tea at least once a day.
- Clean my makeup brushes daily and deep clean once a week.– I’m really bad at going months without cleaning my makeup brushes and letting the makeup just pile on and often lead to break outs.
- Unplug.– I’m constantly on my phone or laptop and want to spend at least an hour completely unplugged and just enjoy time with my friends, nature, or a good book.
- Floss daily.– Ok, I know this is kind of gross but when I had my braces about 5-6 years ago I got out of the habit of flossing my teeth and when I got them off I would floss occasionally. Now I floss every night for the most part… Just need to work on flossing for when I travel or spend the night at other peoples’ houses.
What are your goals that you are working on?